To our wonderful patients and their families,
We hope this letter finds you in good health in these difficult times. As an office full of parents and grandparents, we recognize the impact that COVID-19 has had on our children’s lives. We empathize with the changes that everyone has had to face.
While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your children’s dental health, safety, and overall well-being. Infection control has always been a top priority of our practice as you may have seen during your family’s visits to our office. Our infection control processes are structured so that when your children receive care it is both safe and comfortable.
We have been monitoring all the infection control guidelines provided by the CDC, American Dental Association (ADA), and the Texas State Board of Dental Examiners (TSBDE). For you and your child’s safety, we have implemented a number of different protocols to protect you from the transmission of COVID-19.
- We are asking all who enter our office to wear a mask including the little ones over 2 (if possible). We will guide them to take them off and put them back on at the appropriate times.
- Pre-screening of every patient- all parents/guardians will be asked to fill out a quick health questionnaire. In addition, guardians and patients will have a touchless temperature reading.
- Hand-sanitizer at entry and throughout our office.
- HEPA Air Filtration- hospital strength air purification throughout the office to eliminate viruses, bacteria, and aerosols.
- Appointments will be managed with consideration for social distancing.
- Removal of books, magazines, and the prize box to stop community spread. We have instead implemented a Prize Menu so your children can still conclude their visit with a prize.
- Daily health checks of our team- temperature readings and health questionnaires will be given to every member of the team daily.
- Appropriate protective equipment for our entire team.
- Sneeze guards have been installed at all check-in, check-out areas.
- We are asking families to please limit the number of escorts/guardians to appointments and leave siblings without appointments at home (although we always loved having them come).
- Continuous cleaning/disinfection of the reception area and all common areas. Treatment areas are disinfected thoroughly after every patient (as has always been the case).
***If anyone in the household has had any symptoms, including fever, cough, or shortness of breath, is awaiting results for COVID-19 or has had a known exposure with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days, please do NOT come into the office. Please call us first to discuss your dental issue.***
We love serving your family and are committed to providing you with the best dental care in a safe environment. We value your trust and strive to continue delivering the absolute best care that you have grown accustomed to over the past 42 years. We are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 214-324-5437.
Drs. Michael Plunk and Sabrina Dragan and the entire Plunk Smiles team